Terms & Conditions
Full Terms and Conditions
- This competition is only open to members of AMCAW. All submissions will be checked against our member database on the date the Challenge closes, April 5, 2020 (midnight Pacific time), before entry into the Challenge. Submissions from non-members or members whose membership has lapsed will not be accepted or acknowledged.
- There are three categories of entry defined by the skill level the maker has in working with metal clay. Members should submit their work in the category they feel most accurately represents their experience with metal clay. The jury reserves the right to reclassify the category of an entry.
- Please read the submission and photograph guidelines carefully and ensure you follow them. Submissions which do not follow the guidelines will not be accepted and you will be informed that your entry is not in an acceptable format. You may resubmit the entry using the correct format before the deadline, so it’s to your advantage to enter the Challenge early.
- Members can submit up to three entries, but each entry must be submitted separately and must follow the submission guidelines.
- The Artcall system does not allow you to enter anything after the deadline. This includes anything that is rejected and requires resubmission.
- All entries must be the work of the AMCAW member submitting it, and must be a unique and original design.
- All entries must use metal clay in part or in full. Mixed media work is acceptable, but the entry should use metal clay as a significant element in the design.
- Entries should not have won an award in any other competition prior to January 2020.
- Entries can be jewelry or bodily adornment only.
- The jury will be looking for design innovation and originality, successful incorporation of materials and quality of workmanship.
- Photographs should be high resolution, between 1,000 and 4,000 pixels, in .jpeg format, and no larger than 4 MB.
- The jury will evaluate each photographic entry anonymously – in other words, without knowing the name of the member who submitted it. Do not show your name, company name or logo or any other information that may identify you in your photograph.
- When you enter a piece in this challenge, you agree to AMCAW using the image of your piece in publicity, sharing your name and image with our sponsors – who may use it in their publicity – sharing it with other members of AMCAW and the general public. AMCAW reserves the right to use the image on their website, in their advertising and on social media. By entering this challenge, you are agreeing to these conditions.
- Current employees of AMCAW, members of the AMCAW board and the Advisory Panel, committee Chairs and Vice-Chairs and their immediate family members may not participate.
- Winners in all categories are not eligible for the People’s Choice Award.
- All shipping, import tax, duty and handling charges for prizes sent will be paid by AMCAW. Duty, tax, etc., may need to be paid by the recipient (depending on your local tax and import rules) but AMCAW will reimburse you upon receiving official receipts for payment.
- The decision of the jury is final.
- Winners will be notified by email.
This call has agreed to ArtCall.org Terms & Conditions